How MM has transformed me…

By SMU Master of Science in Management

Here we have some student’s experiences on how the SMU Master of Science in Management (MM) programme has benefitted them post-graduation. We are proud of our MM graduates and believe that they will continue to do well and grow far beyond where they are at now.

From our MM Pioneer Class of 2014, Abhishek Kanoria (India), Assistant Category Manager, Lazada Singapore

I came to Singapore in December 2013 and since then it has been a surreal experience and journey. In a span of 4 months, I was able to get an internship for 6 months and I am very proud to inform everyone that I am now working full time in Lazada, Singapore – South East Asia’s fastest growing e-commerce company.

All this would not have been possible without the support of SMU. I came to SMU as a soldier and it changed me into a general. SMU changed me as a person; it molded me into a highly driven, motivated and hard working professional. I have learnt so much from the program structure, the dynamic students and erudite professors. It’s not always about getting good grades but all round development is extremely essential in order to be successful in a highly competitive industry and SMU teaches exactly this.

The Business knowledge that I have gained over the span of 11 months, in SMU, is something that will last with me for eternity and I am delighted to share this knowledge with as many people as I can.

From our MM Pioneer Class of 2014, Stefano Krisanto (Indonesia), Financial Controller, Booking.com.

I just wanted to share my experience working at booking.com and that I’m very happy working here.

The company is very unique and has a very strong culture. They really care about people development, leadership, communication, and teamwork. Here, we work hard and also have fun every day (I can play xbox and pool during lunch). They are going to send me to Amsterdam next September for new hire training as well.

The reason I shared this is because I feel that the MM program helped me to improve my leadership, communication, and teamwork skill and this is very important in doing my job right now. Furthermore, I also believe that group projects in the MM program are very useful because in my company now we have so many group projects and we must learn how to interact with many people with different backgrounds and nationalities. Sometimes, we need to learn how to handle difficult people as well. I really benefitted from most of the courses in MM having group project.

Last but not least, I would like to say thanks again to SMU and to the MM program because it helped me improve my leadership, communication, and teamwork skill 🙂